The Italian Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona (CCIB), in collaboration with i3P- Politecnico di Torino, is launching the fourth edition of My Start BCN, the programme aimed at promoting the international growth process of virtuous Italian startups eager to expand their market in Spain.
The proposal is addressed to all Italian citizens who are founders of startups with an innovative product/service, without necessarily being registered in the innovative startup registry. Five start-ups will be selected from all the applications received. In Barcelona, they will have the opportunity to present their project with a video pitch and submit it to the evaluation of a jury of professionals – mentors and venture capitalists.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Participants must send the following documents via WeTransfer:
- Online form, to be downloaded at the following link: http://www.cameraitalianabarcelona.com/modulo-discrizione/;
- Business plan and balance sheet data for the last year, where possible;
- Presentation deck;
PHASE 1 – ITALY: The application evaluation procedure will be coordinated by the Italian Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona in collaboration with I3P – Politecnico di Torino;
PHASE 2 – SPAIN: The evaluation procedure will be coordinated by the Italian Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona and a jury composed of innovation managers, professionals, mentors and venture capitalists.
- The level of innovation proposed to the market;
- The competitive advantage demonstrated by the startup and its potential scalability;
- The attractiveness of the target market and consistency with the product/service offered;
- The quality of the entrepreneurial team;
- The results already achieved by the startup.
The winner will receive:
- Free coworking space for 6 months;
- Administrative-financial support;
- Mentoring aimed at project acceleration, to be defined according to the nature of the startup;
- Networking and contacts with the venture capitalist ecosystem;
- Association with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Barcelona for one year;
- Participation in the 4YFN (4 Years From Now) event on 28 February – 3 March in Barcelona.
Call and submission of documents. Submission of applications no later than 6 November 2021.
Evaluation phase 1 – Italy: Based on the established evaluation criteria, i3P – Politecnico di Torino will select the 5 finalist startups.
Evaluation phase 2 – Spain: The 5 startups selected for stage 2 will have the opportunity to present their project to a jury composed of innovation managers, professionals, mentors and venture capitalists, who will award the victory to a single startup.
25 NOVEMBER 2021
The awarding of the My Start BCN prize will take place during the Mediterranean Lighthouse Award ceremony, organised by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Barcelona.
To participate, send the necessary documentation via WeTransfer to email@example.com.
For more information on the project, please visit http://www.cameraitalianabarcelona.com/concorso-my-start-bcn/.